The Gravest Mistake
I have seen politicians make errors during the election campaigns. In the last presidential election, SF declined exponentially after his "Kalawadda" outburst.
However, it was never like this before.... Inviting Salman Khan for the election campaign of MR.
Experienced campaigners such as Nimal Siripala, Dalas Alahapperma or even Basil Rajapaksha could never have even thought of such stupidity. However, the organizing powers, now in the hands of inexperienced and unintelligent youths like Namal Rajapaksha, such grave mistakes are inevitable.
There are many serious drawbacks of getting someone like Salman Khan for the election campaign, which may trigger a massive erosion not only in the educated urban vote base but also in the rural die-hard support base as well.
Sensing blood, the opposition camp has already started posting many heart-touching banners in FB, which will be converted into posters and stage climaxes by tomorrow.
* At the first place, No Indian should have been up on a political stage in Sri Lanka irrespective of his/her celluloid popularity. The anti-Indian sentiment among the Sri Lankans is much stronger than their love for the movie scenes.
* As the country is severely hit by floods, inviting sexy film stars for show-off makes a mockery out of the plight of the affected people.
* Everyone knows that these Bollywood Stars charge in millions or billions of Rupees for campaigns and shows. Thus, it is proven beyond doubts now that MR and the family has robbed the public money.
* Opposition can convincingly tell the public that MR is wasting money that could have been used to give relief to the affected people in the flooded areas.
* Salman Khan is a notorious person in India with two murders and several other criminal offences which include killing of deer in a sanctuary, tagged on his neck.
* Salman Khan has no reason for promoting MR or Sri Lanka other than simply gaining "MONEY".
* At the same time that these Indian actors stepped into the country, a group of local artists who were performing a street drama in support of the opposition has been assaulted.
* So far MR regime has successfully used "throw the bomb and let them defend" technique at every election. Once "Batalanda" was thrown at Ranil's campaign, the total UNP energy was wasted on clearing themselves. Recently the Ranil-MS agreement was thrown, keeping the common candidate on defence. Now MR's silly sons have pocketed their own bomb, so that for the next 10 days they will be busy clearing-off themselves.